Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week 5

Tomorrow marks five weeks of waiting! It's getting a little harder. I kept saying I was going to contact our case working after the 1 month mark, but I have not done it. I just keep thinking she will call us, so I don't have to make the first move.
We attended our weekend long family reunion this past weekend and it was a blast. There were close to 300 family members there, including lots of babies and kids. This was a little hard on the two of us. I'm not sure how bad it was for Joe, but I know it made me a little sad. I knew we would never have a baby by the reunion this year, but it was still hard to attend another year childless. We did get to talk to a couple of cousins that were adopted and we got to tell our story to a few other family members. It was nice to be able to give people our news when asked the dreaded question "When are you two going to have a little one". Last year I cried for a good hour after being asked that for the 3rd time after only being there for a few hours!
Aside from that we lived it up. We got a hotel with a king bed and a Jacuzzi right in the room. We stayed both nights this year. We even got to take a 2:30am I.HOP trip with 9 out of the 10 of us kids. If we do have a baby by this time next year, we will be able to look back and say that we really had a blast at our last childless reunion!
Joe is off all this week and enjoying the free time. I have to work 3 days (today being the last). When I get out tonight we will be packing up to head to Joe's mom's house for four days. Most years we would spend this whole week over there, but I felt like I should work at least half of the week. This year we will be spending as much of this time as we can with Joe's old friends. He has a handful of friends that he is still close to back home, and it is those people that we are going to see. Normally when we go back we spend all of our time with family and we miss out on seeing these friends.
I guess that is all I have to update you with this time. I will be adding pictures later, so check back for those. -Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment