Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Am I dreaming?

7 Weeks Old!
Alexander is 7 weeks old, and growing like a weed! I don't really have a good way to weight him, but to get on the scale with him, then get on alone and to do the math. If that way is accurate, my 7 week old weighs 13 pounds today! I feel like this can not be right! He doesn't look that big. I think most 3 months olds are 13 pounds and Alex does not look like a 3 months old! Also, he is still wearing clothes that say 5-8 pounds. I guess we will just have to wait and see what the pediatrician says on the 15th when he goes in for his 2 month appointment.
I think I might be dreaming because my 7 week old baby sleeps through the night! Knock on wood, he has done it for the last 3 nights! Sunday night I put him down at 10:30, and he slept until I woke him at 6:30 the next morning. Monday night I put him down at 11pm, and he slept until 8am (we had the day off). Last night I put him down at 10:30 and again, he slept until I woke him at 6:30 for work! I follow most of the "rules" of the baby wise book that I read, but I never thought it would work! I am pretty strict about him eating 4 ounces every 3 hours during the day. He can eat as early as 2.5 hours, but no later than 3. After he eats he plays for awhile, unless he is really tired. When he is done playing, or gets grumpy he takes another nap. If he is sleeping when the next 3 hours mark comes, I wake him. The last feeding of the day, the 10-11 feeding, is a 6 ounce bottle. He does just fine with this much. He doesn't spit it up, and it seems to keep him full for the night.
Although we never had to get up a lot in the night, it is nice to not have to git up at all! Now we both can go to bed at night, and sleep until our alarms go off. I would not be surprised if this does not last, but while it does, it's nice!

Alex has been making new noises too! I love when I hear him "say" something new. I always say "what did you say?". I was taking pictures of him smiling yesterday and he said "cooo". Then when I was talking to him, and saying "hi baby, hi Alex" He said, what sounded like "hi" and I could not stop cracking up!
He smiles almost every time I come into his view now! I can not get enough of his smiles, and I light up every time I see one! (blurry, but it's a smile)
Here is one of those stories: I took Alex to have lunch with his Daddy yesterday. When we were done, Alex and I went shopping. As we were checking out the cashier looked into the car seat and said "oh, he is so cute. How old is he?" I said "He is 7 weeks today" Another worker peeked in and said "oh, he's filling out". I said "yep, he's a chunk". The woman ringing me up then said "That's nothing, my 3 month old is bigger than his 10 month old cousin". I just smiled. Then the other worker looked me up and down and said "well, you look good". I just smiled. When we got out to the car I laughed out loud! Funny the things you say when you don't know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment