First off, I am so bad at blogging with a baby! I draft post when I am at work, and all the kids are sleeping. Then I think I will attach pictures when I get home and publish the post. That last part never happens! I bet I have 10 post in the draft stage just sitting and waiting for it's pictures! lol Oh, well! I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this. At least I am getting my thoughts down for Alex and I.
Today Alex is NOT 9 weeks old! It wasn't until I was proof reading this post that I noticed that he is 10 weeks old! Where did the last week go? lol
Alexander is a total ham! Not only is he a ham because he is a chunk, but he is also a ham because he gives the biggest smile when he is smiled at! It is to die for! I love it!
Here's what 10 weeks looks like for Alex:
Eating: Alex is a wonderful eater. He loves his formula and never spits up. He is a little stingy with his burps, and I think it is because Daddy waits until the end of the bottle to burp him. I try to burp every two ounces. He is moving from 4 ounces every 3 hours, to 5 ounces. He still gets his 6 ounce bottle at night.
Sleeping: Tonight will mark the 24th night that Alex has slept through the night! I feel bad writing it, like it will jinx myself! He goes to bed every night between 9:45 and 10:15, then he gets up between 7 and 8. He sleeps closer to 8am on the weekends, when I don't have to wake him for work. He is still in the bassinet in our room. I love having him close, but I know we need to move him to the crib soon. Not only is it better for him to be in his own room, but he is getting too big for the bassinet! He naps a lot through out the day, and I am working on a better nap schedule, but not this week.
Because: poor baby Alex has his first cold! :( He is doing pretty good with it, but it is breaking my heart! The first day he had a ton of snot, and a bad cough. Now it's just a rattle in his chest, but it still kills me! I called the doctor, and there is nothing we can do. :(
I am guessing Alex is about 13 pounds. He was pretty close last week, and I bet he has hit it now. He can still wear some newborn clothes depending on the brand, but he mostly wears 0-3 month. Last night I took a bunch of his 3 months clothes out of his closet, took the tags off, and washed them. He is wearing one today and it is snug! He won't be wearing this outfit for long! I wish I would have known! I hate that different brands fit different, even though they all say the same size!
Alex keeps making new noises and it cracks me up. Over the weekend he would cough and then say (what sounded like) Oooouuuhhh As if it hurt to cough! He loves to be talked to, and will make lots of sounds back at you.
Alex and his daddy love to blow raspberries at each other. Alex can't make the sound yet, but he tries! He sticks his tongue out and moves it all around. Then he cracks up when daddy makes the sound.
He smiles more and more every day. He smiles most in the morning, but is starting to smile more at other times during the day. He went from only smiling at me, to only woman, and now he will smile at anyone who smiles at him. Yesterday my dad was holding him and he was giving his grandpa all kinds of smiles, and giggles.
He still loves bath time, but does not like getting out of the bath. I try to read to him everyday, but he always falls asleep. He gets lots of floor time on his tummy and on his back. He is such a joy and we are loving every minute with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment