Monday, November 15, 2010

Our Weekend

Our weekend
Nov 12th-14th

Friday I had a half day of work, and spent my extra time cleaning around the house. That night we had another couple over for a game night. I had planned to get some pictures of them with Alex, but never did. The only pictures I have of them and Alex, is when Alex was 1 month old, and the pictures are really blurry. Maybe next time!

We have a futon in our living room right now. It was for extra seating when we brought Alex home. Almost a year later, and it still sits there, but it is moving to the basement in the next month. While I was cleaning on Friday, Alex saw me pull it out, and then push it back. Later while I was making our shoes look a little nicer under the futon I noticed little feet! I grabbed the camera and snapped this.

Later when I told Joe about it, he said the same thing, I was thinking. What if he had gotten back there, when we were not in the room. I would never think to look there for him, and I would have thought he vanished in to thin air!




On Saturday we had a lazy afternoon of hanging in our pj's and taking naps, but once we got up and going we had a great night at our friends house. We went over and had dinner with the family that I was a nanny for last. They have 3 girls. Ally is 5, and the twins (Olivia, and Lauren) are 3. I love this family very much, and love spending time with them. Alex had fun checking out all the girls toys.


Here is a picture of all the kids.

They really wanted us to have a "sleep over" and the girls were nice enough to offer their babies bed for Alex.

Sunday was another lazy day! We may not have made it out of pj's that day, but around dinner time we noticed we were low on milk so we all took a trip out to the store.


Later we let Alex have a sucker in front of the TV while we all watched a leap frog movie. Alex didn't really like it, so we sang the ABC's to him instead. He really is not into TV yet, which is good!


Of course a bath needed to follow the sucker.


Baxter is never far from Alex, and so I was not surprised when he wanted in the tub with him!


While I was getting Alex ready for bed, Joe found Hero (our other dog) in the tub, which was still filled with water. I didn't get a picture, but we got a big laugh about it!


I have a new goal to post at least 2 times a week. I have been so bad about blogging......no wait......I have written lots of post. I just never find the time to add the pictures, so they sit as drafts. I hope to post a weekend post, and a weekly post each week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment