Thursday, July 21, 2011

Foster Care = no planning!

I am a control freak!
This girls HATES long car rides, unless she has lots of toys to keep her busy!
I always have been, and most people who know me, are not afraid to tell me that.  I often try to remind myself to "let go", but it hardly ever works. I like to plan things, and I think things to go a specific way.  It IS NOT that anyone else way of doing things is wrong!  I just feel better if it's done "my" way. This in turn puts a lot of stress on me, but I find it even more stressful to let go and to let others do!
Being a control freak, and foster care DO NOT go well together!  
It's HOT here!
Every night before bed Alex screams "TEETH"

I am at a time in my nanny job when I have to decide if I want to take a pay cut and stay another year, or if I want to move on.  This is something I have been trying to figure out for close to 7 months now!  We were contacted in January about taking Alex's siblings, and nothing has been easy to figure out since!  As long as the two kids are here we do get some help financially, and that does help to cover the pay cut, if I stay. On the same hand we never know how long they are going to be here, and I am not sure I will be ok with the pay cut after they leave.  On top of that, I am not all that happy in my current situation, and after almost 3 years I am feeling like it's time to move on.                    The hard part is all the extra stress of finding my next family.  I feel like it is going to be a little harder now that I have Alex.  The families that I have worked with in the past have always said I could keep working with them, even after I had a child, but will a new family be as open to me bringing my son?  I don't know!  The other thing is the amount of hours that I work there.  I am there from 8-5:30 five days a week, and after 2.5 years that can wear on a person!  I love the family and everything they have done for us, but it just doesn't feel like a good fit anymore.  I need something with a few less hours so I can have more time with all 3 of my kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment