Here we are at 10 weeks since our final home study visit, and now we have a ton to do again. Just to catch you up: After our last home study visit our case worker put our home study aside to work on things in the office that needed to be done immediately. Well now 9 weeks later, she has picked up our home study to finish, and has found a lot of missing pieces. I don't know why this is. I know one of the things she is requesting, I did hand in already. Another form she needs is because of a new "rule" or a "law" change. Other forms are things she could have asked for a long time ago, but never looked at our case close enough to realize she needed them! All of this is very frustrating to me. This is all stuff I could have taken care of in the last nine weeks. During the time that I had a lot more days off, and a lot more time on my hands. Now here I am working all five days a week, and trying to get into school, and now she wants me to track down paper work and such. I have had to ask my boss for a half day off this week, so I can get some of this done. I hate to do it, but I was getting really stressed out just trying to handle it all over the phone. I hope to tackle a lot of it tomorrow morning. I will keep you up to date on that.
As I said I am/was trying to get back into school. I have spent much of the last two weeks trying to get into school for the fall. It does not seem that it is going to work for this fall. I found out that in the time I was not in school over the last year there was some confusion about my financial aid. It seems one of the banks that I had a loan with thought that I had graduated, and since I had "graduated", yet I was not paying on my loans, they say I can not get a new loan until I start paying off the other. It's all so confusing to me and a big mess. I ended up setting up a payment plan. I told Joe if I am this stressed out trying to finish up the adoption paperwork, working 49 hours a week, and TRYING to get into school, then maybe I better not go this fall anyways.
My commitment right now is trying to work on the adoption paperwork, and trying to get my basement in order. I really want to get rid of a lot more stuff. I have stuff to sell, or donate, as well as some stuff I am sure I can throw away. Either way it all needs to be gone through and cleaned out. I hope to get alt east 3 hours a week to work on that.
Yeah, I unfortunately have learned that if I want things done in terms of adoption I need to be a nagging fly on the wall or I'll get pushed to the side. Sorry. :(
ReplyDelete