Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So that's what two months feels like!

It's been two months, or 8 weeks, since our final homesudy visit. It's gone fast, but then, summer always goes fast! Sadly, I know that we have not been shown to any birth moms! I know because I have not handed in my scrapbook yet. I am sure you are wondering why I have not. There are a couple of reasons. One is that I don't have it done. I know that's crazy, but I have just a couple of things to finish in it. Reason number two is that, our agency does not tell you when you are being shown. So my thinking is that if I have my book still, then they will have to call me to show it. And that would be my way of knowing when the first time we are shown would be. Sneaky huh? Joe's theory is: If they have our book, they might show it faster. Either way, I will turn it in soon!
On a side note: I saw the saddest thing last Saturday night. We went to the movies with a group of friends, and as we were leaving we saw a couple in the last row sleeping. We were cracking up because they were the last ones in there when the movie was over and they were sound asleep. As we were saying our good byes in the lobby the couple passed us in the mall. We laughed again until we all realized what was going on. They were not sleeping they were passed out! They were stumbling all over the place as they left, and the guy was slurring about something. The saddest part was that the young girl was pregnant. Not just pregnant, but she looked to be due any minute. I said I wished I had a card to give her. But what would that card say? "I would love to have your baby.....call me". But really, what do you do in a situation like that? I said/did nothing. But I did think about all the next day, and I am still thinking about it now. Sad!
As we hit the two month mark I feel a little sad. The closer it gets to Christmas, the less hope I have that we will have a baby by then. I know a lot can change in the next 4 and a half months, but it just feel like something would or should have happened by now. I guess I am just being impatient. It's just so hard! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment