Thursday, September 10, 2009

12 weeks and not much has changed

We are still working on that home study! 12 weeks later! I do not think it is suppose to take this long to do a home study. I keep trying to remind myself that 1. We will still be matched, if a good match comes up, and 2. The longer it takes, the longer we have before we would need to renew it (if it ever came to that).
I got 1 of the 5 things, that our case worker needs, turned in. Three of them will be turned in early next week, and the other one will be turned in at the end of next week. I hope that will be all that we need to do.
Some other updates: I mentioned cleaning my basement out, in the last post, and I have not done that! I did clean out my bedroom closet, and I have two trash bags of clothes ready to donate. I also cleaned out my file cabinet, which is always a chore. I shredded a whole brown bag worth of old paper work. I am proud to say that I did sell one thing out of the basement so far. I made $40 off 125 burlap covered votive holders from my wedding. It feels good to sell things! That's one less thing taking up space in our fun sized house, and those have been sitting in my basement for almost 3 years!
Bye bye votive holders, thanks for being pretty on the table for my wonderful wedding!

2 comments:

  1. I still have the votive candles from your wedding! I bring them out in the fall to light up the ever darkening days!

    Sounds like as long as you can still be matched with a mom/baby, then it doesn't matter too much if the home visit stuff drags out a bit, right? The important thing is that your scrapbook is out there for them to look at! Let us know how it goes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanna,
    Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I am so glad you still have those!
    You are right about the home study, but I also have good news about all of that in my next post. I have been working on it, and I will post it in the next day or two.
    Also, I do not have my scrapbook turned in yet! :( But more about that in the next post too! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete