Alex is 12 weeks today! Not 3 months. That's not until next Monday. 12 weeks seems like such a big deal! I've not gotten any professional pictures taken of Alex yet, but we are going to put an end to that on Sunday. I am super excited for that.Alex is doing wonderful! I am loving every minute of being his mommy, and wouldn't trade it for the world!
I don't think a lot has changed in the past two weeks, so I am not going to go through everything like I have before. He's eating the same, sleeping the same, and so on.
Here are the things that have changed. He sleeps in his room now! We moved him in there Feb 26th. It went very smooth. The first night he went right to sleep in his crib, and slept until 7:30 the next morning. The second night he went to bed just as well, but got up at 6:45am. That is not like him! During the week I wake him to go to work at 7:20am, and on the weekends he sleeps in between 7:30-8am. So that day I went out and got some curtains to make his room dark, like what we have in our room. It worked. The next morning he went back to sleeping in. He still sleeps through the night. He does down between 9:30 and 10, and gets up between 7:20 and 8. He has slept though the night straight since Jan 31st. I think that is amazing, but I am a little worried about the time change this weekend! Any hints on how to make the hour change easy on him?
He rolls......kind of! When he is on his tummy and up on his elbows he rolls to his back. He has done it 15-20 times now. When he is on his tummy but not on his elbows he has only rolled over once. Today he tried to roll from his back to his tummy, but it was only to see the TV better! lol
He rolls......kind of! When he is on his tummy and up on his elbows he rolls to his back. He has done it 15-20 times now. When he is on his tummy but not on his elbows he has only rolled over once. Today he tried to roll from his back to his tummy, but it was only to see the TV better! lol
Alex is a big couch potato! He loves the TV. When he is eating his bottle he turns his head away from you to try to watch the TV. Most babies turn toward you, but not Alex! His favorite seems to be American Idol! When that is on he will lay on the floor and watch the whole thing if we let him! Last week he was talking up a storm while it was on! He cracks us up!He has been saying more, smiling a ton, and is starting to giggle more. Last night he was laughing while I was playing with the dogs. I can't wait until he giggles every day!
I went away over night to scrapbook this past weekend. That was hard to do, but I am so glad I did! I think Alex really bonded with his daddy while I was gone. When I got home Alex was super smiley for his dad. It was so cute.
Alex still loves baths. I am thinking about giving him a bath 3 times a week now that winter is almost over. I am also excited to take him swimming this summer. I think he is going to love it.
Speaking of summer, spring is on it's way! Alex went on his first walk last Friday. I would say he loved it, but I'm not really sure. He slept the whole time! I took him around the block on Sunday, to test out his new sun glasses, and he seemed to like it. Today we went on another walk and he fell asleep again. I'm not sure if he likes it or not, but I am loving it. It's been so long since we have seen the sun, and it feels so nice to have it back.

No comments:
Post a Comment