Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flash back Dec 3rd-9th

Dec 3rd: I still LOVE to do baby laundry! I don't know what it is about it, but I love it. I hang up all of Alex's outfits. His onesies, and socks are in his bottom drawer. His pajamas are in the middle drawer. All his blankets, bibs, sheets, and towels have their own place in his closet. I have a thing about organized clothes! About once a week, at work, I pull all of the kids clothes out of the dressers and refold them and put them back. I also fix their closets, by putting like things next to each other. I do not like a messy dresser or closet!!
Dec 4th: We had a ton of snow storms at this time last year. It's not been so bad this year. We have Alex's big 1st birthday party this weekend, so I hope the roads stay clear for that!
Although I was talking about the snow storms on the 4th last year, it did end up snowing really bad all the way through the 15th, and after! I remember being a little worried when we were driving down on the 14th, but Joe is a very good winter driver so we got there on time and safe! Birth-mom's social worker did not make it in time! I never did post Alex's birth story on here, but I do plan on doing that very soon. I will talk more about the lack of a social worker in that post!
Dec 5th: The day before Alex's due date. The day before we thought we were going to meet our son! Little did we know, we had TEN more days to go! I feel anxious and upset reading last years post. I can remember all of the feelings that I was going through. I don't think I have ever been so scared and excited about something, at the same time, in my whole life!
Dec 6th: Reading this post from last year reminds me how sad I was that day. I didn't write it out, but I really spent almost the entire day on the couch watching lifetime and bawling my eyes out!
Dec 7th: Not much to say about that post. It was so hard going back to work that Monday, after thinking I was going to be off until the baby came. Looking back I am sure it would have been even harder if I had sat home by myself all day! Plus I was able to get another weeks pay before the baby came! It's always easier to see the positive in something looking back a year later!
Dec 8th: The second day past the due date, I remember it getting a little easier to wait at that point. We no longer had a date to focus on, so it took some of the pressure off from it. I talked about her being induced in that post, and that did turn into the plan, but then things changed again! I hope to post all about his birth in the next week!
Dec 9th: I remember this day very well! Joe had the day off, and he was very surprised to find me in bed next to him when he woke up! I was so excited for birth-mom to call at 1pm that day, that I did not even want to go to work. I had huge hopes that we would be packing our bags and heading south by 2pm. I also remember how upset I was when we were told that there would be no news until Monday, 4 days later! Again I bawled my eyes out, and stayed in bed with Joe the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment