On Christmas Eve we went, an hour north, to my parents house. Alex took a nap before we went, and we hoped he might fall asleep again on the way, but he didn't. He did pretty good in the car, but got a little antsy right before we got there. When we got there we had lots to eat, and the kids spent some time playing. Then once everyone was there my brother and his wife announced that they will be having a boy in the spring. (In two weeks we find out what my other sister will be having in the spring). 
After that we quickly did gifts, because half the family needed to get to church, some of the others were heading home, and my brother had to go to work. After church it was just my parents, us, and 1 of my sisters and her husband. We put Alex to bed, and then sat around telling funny stories. By the time we left my throat was hurting pretty bad. I thought it might have been from talking all day, laughing so hard, from the wood stove smoke, or because my parents are smokers (they smoke in their house when no one is there. When the kids are there they smoke outside, but I can still smell it in the house, and I believe we breath it in from off the furniture), or the fact that my brother-in-law had told everyone that he was not feeling well and that he woke up with a fever! Either way, by the time we got home both Joe and I were not feeling well.
This morning Alex woke up around 8. We gave him his bottle while the dogs got a few new toys. Alex was cracking up watching them play. Then we opened our gifts. Alex seemed a little overwhelmed. He would find a toy he liked and then he would play with it while Joe and I kept opening our gifts, and his. Then he would see something else he liked, and he would switch. A couple times he took off, and I would find him playing with a measuring cup, or the hose from the vacuum! Silly Boy!When all the gifts were open I gave Alex a big hug, and noticed he felt warm. Turns out he had a fever. His nose was running, and then I could tell that he sounded a little scratchy too. I think his throat must hurt too!

I hope everyone in blog land is having a wonderful Christmas, and that all your Christmas wishes are coming true. Last year I begged and begged Santa for a baby, and Alex landed under our tree on the 15th, it is going to be pretty hard to ever top that,
but it was pretty sweet seeing Alex's face when he came out of his bedroom this morning and he first spotted his train table next to the tree!
After breakfast we all took a nap. When Alex got up, Joe did too. I stayed in bed a little longer, trying to feel better. It didn't work. As I sit here, my throat is stinging. Joe and Alex are napping again, and I just hope with enough rest, the three of us can pull through this quick!

I hope everyone in blog land is having a wonderful Christmas, and that all your Christmas wishes are coming true. Last year I begged and begged Santa for a baby, and Alex landed under our tree on the 15th, it is going to be pretty hard to ever top that,
but it was pretty sweet seeing Alex's face when he came out of his bedroom this morning and he first spotted his train table next to the tree!
Merry 2nd Christmas with Alex!
ReplyDelete