Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Party!

Happy 1st Birthday Party, Alexander!

We had Alex's 1st birthday party this weekend. It was (almost) everything I had dreamed of! Here are the things that make it (almost): I was running late. I thought I had plenty of time, but I was asked to stop and get some food for some people, and some how I ended up getting to the zoo right about 2, instead of 1:40 like I wanted to. Once I got inside I felt in a panic rush to get his banner up, gift table set up (which was covered in bags, purses and coats), and I wanted to take a few pre-party pictures. I did get the banner up, but the other two things never happened. After that it was a flash of 40 people, face-paintings, animals, games, cake and then saying good bye! The party flew by! We didn't even get to open gifts at the zoo.






On a more positive note: The kids seem to love every minute of it. Everyone got their face painted, and got to play a games. There was a lot of fun to be had with the fake animals that where around the room. Everyone loved the chinchilla, ferret, and rabbit that they got to pet. Each kid got an animal print hat, and an animal mask, as well as a zoo cup. Alex loved his cake and ate every crumb off his plate. He even picked up his plate and licked it! It was so cute.








Everyone commented on how well he was walking around, and how easy going he is. I don't think he knew the party was for him, but he was happy to be around so many of his loved ones!
It really hit me, what a miracle Alex is! When everyone was singing happy birthday, I hate to fight the tears big time. I was singing, and looking at Alex while rubbing his leg, and thinking to myself, how amazing it is to have him. I have a hard time putting my feelings into words, so I will just say that I am forever thankful to Alex's birth mom, his brother, and sister, and entire birth family. I love Alex so much, and feel truly blessed to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment