Thursday, August 4, 2011

What to do next

I really can't get out of my head this week! 
As of two weeks ago I had decided that it was time for me, as a nanny, to move on.  This scared me to death since I now have my son, who I would like to bring with me. On top of that I have two foster children, who some people might see as a potential problem, which I get!  I mean, what am I going to do if the kids day care calls me and needs me to come pick up one of my sick kids? Plus I do not want to work 45-50 hours anymore.  It was fine when I only had one child, but now it's too much.  My foster children have a lot of appointments and I need a little more freedom to work around that. 
I would love to not work and be able to just care for these three children all of the time, but financially we can not make that happen right now.  On top of that, I need at least a few days out of the house each week.
So, I am trying to see if I should get licensed to provide care in my home for other children, and that way I can make up my own schedule.  Or if I want to try to pick up a new family to nanny for, but not so many hours.  I go back and forth on this decision a lot!  The part that is really stressing me is that I only have about a month to get it all worked out.

On top of that, the foster care part of our life is crazy busy right now.  We have court coming up again soon, and it really gets crazy when that happens!  We have all members of the case trying to fit in a visit, plus relative visits, plus non-stop phone calls!  It's pretty overwhelming!  I look forward to next week being over, which is sad since next week is my birthday! 

I really hope to find a solution and some clarity soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment