After Christmas I had to find room for all of Alex's new stuff. My plan was to make a play room for him in the basement, but since we have had Alex, the basement has become our dumping ground. Our house is not very big, and Alex has a lot of stuff. I did not have the time to make an area for him, and I have found that our basement is a lot colder in the winter then I thought it was. So we will be using his room to hold most of his toys until spring. We did put a few things away that he doesn't really use right now.
So I took out his rocking chair, which we never used. Alex never liked to sit in his room and rock, but now that it is in the living room, he wants to rock all the time! Since we didn't have a chair in there, we no longer needed an end table, so that got "dumped" in the basement. His cube organizer was where the train table is now. I never liked it there, so I am glad we could move it.
He has a lot more floor room to play.
He has a lot more floor room to play.His closet holds some of the larger toys that we don't play with much, like his shopping cart, and a ton of stuffed animals. As you can see it is packed to the brim! It doesn't look so crazy to me when I look at it, but when I look at the picture, I feel like everything is going to come flying out. It's my organized chaos! I have cleaned it up a little this past week, but it needs a little more.
Here you can see 2 of Alex's favorite things. One is, closing his bedroom door. He loves to close the door, and play in his room. We always laugh and then get up and open the door back up. The other, is his reading nook. He sits on his giraffe chair, and pulls books out, and looks at them all by himself, which cracks me up because he does not like to sit and read books together. He is getting better and better at pulling lots of books out, so pretty soon I can going to take out most of the paper books.

This is the only real "baby area" left in his room (other than his crib). I almost "closed" up his changing table area a month or two ago. Alex got really good at flipping over during diaper changes, and I didn't want him to fall off the dresser. But then, just like that, he stopped. He is really good when he is up there now, and just plays with the toys that we keep up there for him.
Here is the link to my post about his room when we first got it done: http://ouradventurethroughadoption.blogspot.com/2009/11/baby-room-check.html
We are deciding on whether or not we want to make our basement bedroom a playroom too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute room!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete