One was for a tile with Alex's hand print and foot print. We got the gift card a week after he was born, in December 2009. I had tried to call the lady that does the tiles, but never got a call back. After a little pushing from my boss, I was able to get a hold of the lady and we went and did Alex's tile two weekends ago. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It will have both of his hands, and both feet. It will also have a little monkey and giraffe stamped in it. I have seem these tiles many times, and I am excited to have one for Alex. The picture is of one that my boss had made. When we have more kids I would like to have one just like this for our bathroom. I have also seen one that says "Please, remove your shoes", and it has foot prints. I think that would also be a cute one, if you have more than one kid.
(There was another picture here, but it is gone now. I will add it back, later)
The other gift was for this past Christmas. It was for a photo shoot, and a framed "baby art". It is really for babies around 6-9 months, but my boss knew I had wanted one, and she thought it would still be cute, even though Alex is one. The frame will have 9 pictures in it, and each picture is a close up shot of a baby part, or face. We had this done on Saturday and I hope it turns out nice. Alex was acting really shy, and took forever for him to warm up. Even when he did seem to be enjoying it, he still didn't want to smile very big. I really wanted to get his teeth in a picture, but I am not sure if we will have that one. This picture is of 1 of the girls that I nanny. My boss has done these "baby arts" for each of her kids. This one does not have a bare bottom shot, but the other two do. We did some of Alex, but I am not sure if they will be cute enough to use. I go this Wednesday to proof it and see if there is anything I want changed. We should have the finished art, by the weekend.
Other than having Alex's pictures done, we had to stick around the house all weekend. Our four year old dachshund has an infection in both eyes and had to have eye drops put in every hour. On top of the sick puppy, the roads were really nasty, and the police were asking that people stay off the roads. I tried to do my best to keep Alex entertained, but we still had some melt downs. He is not a big fan of staying home all weekend, and neither am I! I did put his tent up and fill it up with stuffed animals, and Alex and Baxter played in that for awhile. Joe also had a fun idea and put on his Muppet's CD for us all to dance to. Then we all watched some old Muppet shows. Joe was a huge Muppet fan growing up, and he wants Alex to be, too!
Paci update! I was going to nix the paci this weekend, but Joe had Saturday morning, and he forgot and gave Alex his paci for his morning nap, so that went out the window. He has gone every night without it, but naps have been rough. Today he has gone both naps without it, but I don't think he is sleeping very well. This morning, I am pretty sure he only ended up sleeping 20 minutes, and this afternoon I have heard him cry out once or twice. It might be a rough week, but I am going to stick to my guns now. Wish us luck!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Baby Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment