I'm not going to go into all of the details, but if there could be a number 1, first place , worst day in history....it would be yesterday!
The day started ok. Alex had a runny nose, and his left eye would not stop tearing. I think it's allergies. Aside from that he was being pretty good, and so were the girls. I was not feeling great, but was pushing through it.
Around 4pm the day changed. Alex was being really grumpy and all 3 girls were pulling at me for different things. In the middle of it the phone rings, and it's the call we had been waiting for. It was Alex's sibling's social worker. She was calling to let us know what she had decided. First off, I have not had very good luck in talking to this lady! She always acts like she has no idea why I am calling her or what I want. I know she is not able to legally tell me much, but she never tells me anything! She ends up saying that she has no news, and that the kids will be staying in the foster home that they are in now. It's weird because I already had a feeling that she was going to say that, and I thought I had come to terms with that, but I guess I had not because I got really upset when she said it. I went on to ask her why they ever called us and asked us to get licensed. Why they pushed us to move forward, and why other workers there told us there was no reason the kids wouldn't be moved. This worker is kind of new, and asked that I call her boss, so I did. This lady also seemed to not know who I was even though I had been some what involved in the case for 4 months now. Also these two lady's claim to have had two meetings about the kids coming to stay with us, so how can neither of them not be sure who I am! Annoying! This lady also had no answers for me, and said she would talk to the person above her. She said she would call in a day for two with more information. If it's really not in the best interest of the kids to be moved here, then fine, I agree 100%. I just don't see how it was the best thing for them two months ago, so we rushed to get licensed, and now no one will give me any kind of reason why this has changed! It's very upsetting.
After getting home that night I got some horrible news in the mail. I ended up on the phone for the next four hours trying to work out this other issue, and am home today not feeling well, still trying to get it worked out. It's no small thing either! I've been on the phone with so many people I can't remember who told me what. In between calls it's runs to the bathroom. I don't know if it's stress or something else, but I can't eat and my tummy is not happy! Alex is also not feeling well so I am not able to do much when he us up. I am praying that this second issue gets worked out today, so I can get back to handling the foster care situation! Wish us luck. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment