Monday, September 14, 2009

3 months or 13 weeks, you pick!

I'm feeling good about our home study! Big change from my last post! I have the second set of paperwork turned in, and our social worker said that we are all set. Now we just wait for the completed copy of the home study to come back to us. I am excited to have that completed home study. Which seems silly since that is such a small thing on the spectrum of adopting. It just feels like a big step since it took over 3 months from our last visit to get it completed.

I have had babies on my brain lately, which comes and goes. I've even been on the verge of tears for the past couple of days. Some days it just feels like it's never going to happen. I think what really helps me get through the hard times is being a nanny. I feel so privileged to get to spend over 45 hours a week with these kids. Any kids really, but these kids are fun. Some Fridays I am in shock when I get my pay check. They pay me for this!
The other thing that keeps my chin up is my boys! My husband is a wonderful support. The other night I told him that I had been feeling sad, and that I had been on the verge of tears all day, and do you know what he said.........drum roll please........"What do you need from me, what can I do for you" Isn't that the sweetest! I told him I didn't really need anything, but he still climbed in to bed next to me, and just held my hand while I watched TV! I sure love that guy!
Baxter and Hero are always great too. Baxter loves me so much. He wants to be near me always. Every night I hold him tight and we cuddle until we both fall asleep. Last night he fell asleep first, and was snoring so loud, but I loved it. The funny thing is, the only reason I hold him tight, is to keep him from walking all over me. I told Joe last night, that I think I have started a bad habit, because now that seems to be the only way he will fall asleep at night! lol Crazy Baxter. Hero on the other hand is my sensitive boy. He likes to sit in my lap and be held all the time. He also love to sit on the back of the couch with his chin on my shoulder. These two are great fun to have around!
My goal for the next week is to wrap up my scrapbook, make a copy of it, and drop it off to our social worker. I really have very little left to do in it. I am just missing 3 pictures, and I need to print a couple more captions. The hard part is making a copy of it. I am not sure where I can get that done, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment