Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend happenings.

Weekend Happenings: June 3, 4, and 5!

Friday started out a little rough!  Alex had been sick all week with a fever around 103, bad diapers, not much appetite, lots of meltdowns, and a lot of sleeping.  By that morning I was starting to get worried, so I made him an appointment.  We took him in around 4:30, and was a little surprised to hear the news.  Alex had Roseola.  The Doctor said it was not a big deal and that his new rash (he had just gotten an few hours before) was a sign that it was almost done. I was glad to hear that, and it was on with the weekend!

At our house Friday has become a pretty big deal!  We cheer about Friday on the way to school in the morning, and Friday nights have become Ice cream Fridays!  It started as a way to encourage the kids to stay dry all week at school.  "Big boy" was having a hard time with his new underpants, so after a full week of staying dry we praised and praised him and treated him to ice cream.  Now we have a chart on the fridge and if each day gets covered in a sticker, the kids get ice cream after dinner on Friday.  Most Friday nights we end up finding something fun to do around town, and this Friday was no different.  Our city was having an art festival filled with food, music and crafts.  Sadly, we were not able to get there until kind of late so we had some ice cream, walked the whole thing, listened to a little music, let "big boy" say "hi" to almost every cop we passed, got balloons, and went home.  When we got home it was an hour and half past bedtime, so it was right to bed for the kids!

Saturday morning we were reminded why our kids are in bed every night by 8:30, and why it is not a good idea to let them stay up late!!!  They were all up at the normal 7am, even though they had been up late! It was Joe's turn to work a Saturday morning so I was on my own.  "Big boy", and "princess" spent most of the morning taking turns in time out! After I got their pool set up outside I took Alex and "princess" outside.  By that time it was clear "big boy" was too tired to play nice, and was sent in for a nap.  The kids and I played outside until Joe came home with lunch.  After the kids afternoon nap we were right back outside, only coming inside once for dinner.  They kids love it in our fenced in back yard.  It is a great place for us all to hang out and enjoy the nice weather we have been having.  We only have a small kids pool, but it was so hot out that even Joe and I got in to help cool off.  The kids slept great after such a fun day outside.

Sunday ended up being a repeat to Saturday!  We left the pool up so it was even warmer the next day.  I had to run out and get food for the week, so I brought back a pool toy for each kid.  We also cleaned up the grill and got that summer ready.  For lunch the kids ate outside on their towels, and they all thought that was pretty neat.  Later we grilled hot dogs and ate dinner outside at the table.  By 7 we had the yard picked up, and the pool put away, so it was baths for everyone, and they were in bed by 8. 

The kids all really love to be outside.  They are much better when they are out playing.  It's when we are stuck in the house on top of each other, that the kids start to act up.  Over all I would say it was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment