Friday after picking up the kids from daycare we stopped by the house to grab Joe, and then we drove a half hour to meet up with the kids great grandparents. They were going to stay the night so they could have time with their grandparents, and we could have a little break. It was all going well until "princess" went into the play area were we met up, and came out wet! We asked her many times if she needed to go to the bathroom, and she said "no". When she came out to tell us that she needed to go, it was too late. We met at the same place to pick them up and she did the exact same thing again! I asked if she needed to go, she said "no", and great grandma said she had just gone before they left. So "princess" will not be trusted to go into play areas without using the bathroom first, for awhile!
Saturday I took full advantage of only having Alex at home and I gutted the boys bedroom. I cleaned the winter clothes out of the closet, and reorganized all the toys to try to make it easier for the kids to put them away when they are done. I also did some cleaning around other parts of the house, worked on getting our wireless back up, and took all the car seats out of my car and cleaned that out. In the afternoon we got to see my newest nephew, who is so cute and not even a month old. Then I had a 30th birthday to go to. Joe stayed home with Alex, and a friend of mine went with me. We all had dinner first, and then went out dancing. I have not done that in a VERY long time, so it felt great, and we are working on the next girls night so we can dance some more!
Sunday we did the same thing we always do! We worked around the house some more, and then when everyone was napping (including Joe) I went out and got groceries for the week. We napped the kids kind of late and then had an early dinner because at 6:30 we all got to go to the Shrek Musical. My boss treated our family to five tickets so we met them there. It was very good. "Princess" started out very scared and kept her face in Joe's chest for the first 20 minutes. Alex did a lot of moving from seat to seat and person to person, but also watched a lot of it. "Big boy" really seemed to like it. When it was time for a break Joe took the little two home for bed, and I stayed with "big boy". Sadly, we only made it about 20 more minutes before he asked if we could go home, so none of us got to see the end. That's ok though, we figured that would happen.
When we got home we tried to sneak 'big boy" into bed, but Alex heard us and jumped right up. After that we had a hard time getting him back to sleep. We kept hearing him throwing things on the floor so we went in to check on him, and found him on his cube organizer trying to get "my money" which is what he called his piggy bank. It was funny, but scary at the same time! We could not believe our 18 month old baby had gotten out of his crib! After that we moved his cube organizer further away from his bed, and took away all his stuffed animals *which I think he used to help him climb out! Such a stinker! I hope we don't have any more scares like that for awhile!
Over all a good weekend. Now we just need to get through a four day work week, so we can have a long and fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment