Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Due date is in five days.

It's Tuesday! I can't believe I made it through Monday! That was rough. I knew birth-mom had a check-up yesterday, but I didn't know what time it was at. I was watching my phone all day waiting for her call. Finally at 4:15 she called me. Turns out her appointment had been in the morning, but she had gotten busy. Little does she know, I was sitting here freaking out, waiting for her call. She said that she is dilated to 1. I know that this could mean nothing, and that some woman sit at a 1 for a week or more. Other people have told me that woman on their 3rd child do not sit at 1 for long, and that it could be any day. I try not to think about it, but that is all I think about! Birth-mom also said that the few days leading up to having the other 2 kids that she would feel really sick, and be very tired, yet not be able to sleep. She said that is how she has been feeling now, but again, that does not mean it will be today! She asked how I was doing and I told her I was good. Then the call was lost. When she called back, she asked me again, and I told the truth. I told her I have been freaking out, that I am not sleeping at night, and that I check my phone in the middle of the night to make sure I did not miss her call. She laughed, said I was cute, and said she was happy to hear that I was excited. Joe seems to think my excitement is part of the reason she loves us so much. Our social worker has said a couple different times that "birth-mom adores you guys". I am glad she feels that we are a perfect match. Birth-mom also reassured me that when she goes into labor that she would "blow up" my phone, and that it will not be just one missed call. I was glad to hear this, but I still worry. I told her I would call and check on her every other day until she goes into labor.
I have told my family and friends not to call me until I call them with some news. Sunday night my phone rang at 9:30 and I thought for sure it was birth-mom. Turned out to be a cousin. Then today while I was at work, I called my boss and she told me the same thing. She said every time I call her, she is sure it's to say the baby is coming. Seems I am not the only one on pins and needles!
Now I am just trying to stay busy while I wait. It's hardest when I am at work. My minds stays on the baby and birth-mom, and it is hard for me to think about anything else. At home it's not so bad. I still think about them constantly, but I am able to do other things too. Tonight we are taking the boys to get their nails cut, see if we can find muzzles for them, and to stock up on meal worms for the gecko. I also need to pack my bag, and finish my thank you cards from the shower. I really try to stay busy when I am at home.
My mother-in-law is doing a baby pool. I think that is what they are called. We each picked a day and time, for when we think the baby will be born. I said Saturday at 2:30pm. Joe picked Thursday at 3:30pm, and said Saturday would be no good for him. But we will see. I think she will go into labor in the middle of the night, and Joe hopes she doesn't!
I will post more on how this wait is going tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is sooooooooooo exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo!! Wow it is almost here. Hang in there. I can't wait to here more...

    ReplyDelete