Wednesday, October 7, 2009

3 years ago!


Three years ago I woke up very tired, but extremely excited. I had stayed up way to late the night before, and had a huge day ahead of me. I woke up to an empty hotel room and started to panic! What was I doing here all alone, why was there no one here with me? I called to make sure Joe was not around and I took off for the car. It was cold and I was running late. When I turned the car on I found a little red light on. I started to cry, and thought, not today! I called a friend and found out that it was just low tire pressure because of the cold. I drove to my parents house, and that seemed like it was hours away. As I sat and had my hair done up, I kept thinking I was getting further and further off, on the time. I was sure I was runny so late. When I finally got to the church it was like James Bond trying to get me inside without Joe seeing me. I did see him. After crying whiling having my make up done, it was time for the dress. As the girls zipped it up, I kept yelling "it won't zip, it won't zip". It went on just fine! When I was already I started screaming for them to start. It was 2:15 and I could not believe my wedding was starting late. Turned out my wedding was at 3 and I was ready for pictures! We took a few pictures, and then stood around waiting forever! When it was time for my dad to walk to down, I forgot how to breathe. I was shaking and breathing so fast the whole church noticed. During the whole wedding I could not stop nervously giggling. After the wedding when we walked outside to the bubbles, sunshine, and wonderful fall colors I was in heaven, and forgot all about how nervous I had been. I was married to my best friend and our favorite season had provided us with the most beautiful day!
The reception was at a castle about 30 minutes away, and we had a fun ride there. When we got there we did our wedding party pictures, and then the party started. The reception was great minus a few minor hiccups, like a groomsmen leaving early, reception crashers, and a crazy DJ. Joe surprised everyone when he hid right before our first dance was to start. I stood on the dance floor looking confused when the music started to play and then Joe walked out from behind a curtain and he was singing the song to me. It was so wonderful and I still cry when I watch that part! The night ended with music and lots of dancing and us surrounded by all of our family and friends! What a wonderful day that was 3 years ago!

1 comment:

  1. I can picture it all! It sounds just like you! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete