Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nice to meet you!

Today is the day! In 8 hours we will be meeting our birth mom. I am freaking out, to say the least! I was able to sleep last night, and I am happy about that! I got in bed just before midnight and I fell right asleep. I woke up once when Baxter was banging on the door to be left out, but Joe was sweet enough to get up. When my alarm went off I was sleeping so deep that I did not know where the music was coming from. I always hit the snooze for 10 extra minutes, and I thought I was wide awake and thinking about our big day, but the next thing I knew it was 5 minutes past the time I needed to get up.
Last night I started on the spare room (babies room). Right now there is a futon, desk, night stand, two dog cages, a DVD tower, and tons of junk in there to clean out. I started with my desk/scrapbooking area. This past summer I got this great scrapbooking storage bag (for $15 at Tuesday Morning, love that store), so that has come in handing for putting all (1/10) of my stuff in. I also sorted and threw out a lot. My plan is to get a large rug, or piece of carpet to put in the basement. On that rug or carpet area I would like to have all my scrapbook stuff, plus our file cabinet (another thing that is in the spare room closet). My only concern right now is that our dehumidifier stopped working and I am really worried about my stuff getting ruined in the basement. Our basement is nice, but not finished, and it is a little damp down there. I was thinking as long as my stuff is on a rug, and away from the walls it would be ok until we can get a new dehumidifier or get ours fixed.
I hope to have the room cleared out in the next week so I can paint the walls next weekend. When that is done I will clean the carpet, and then start putting the room together! :) I wish I could do it all in one day!
I also did a load of baby laundry last night! Over the past year I had been making diaper cakes, and other diaper gifts. With that I had a lot of left over baby stuff. I went through everything that I had and took out all the natural stuff for us to use. As I was folding the sleepers, wash clothes, and blankets I was thinking "I love this!". Then I laughed at myself and wondered when the joy of doing baby laundry will wear off!
After we meet with the birth mom tonight we are going to go to the store and buy 1 thing for the baby in either pink or blue! :) A very sweet friend of ours sent us some coupons and I am dieing to us them! After we get home I will start drafting about our meeting, but I am still not sure if it will get posted tonight or tomorrow morning, so hang in there! :) -Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you!!! I can feel your excitement...Hang in there and good luck this evening.

    ReplyDelete