It's been four months since our last home study visit. I can't believe it. It feels like a long time, but it went so fast. I feel like the rest of this year will fly by with all the big holidays. I think our wait will be hardest after the new year, when there is not much going on. I asked Joe when he feels like we will get a match and he said there is no way of knowing. I told him he must have a feeling in his heart, and he said next spring. I think he only said that because he has been hearing me say spring. When we got started at the beginning of this year they were doing a lot of matches. Then in the spring they cleared out their waiting pool. They said that spring is always their busy time, and summers tend to be slow. Strange that adoption has a busy time!
This weekend we did our favorite fall activity. We went to the local farmers markets. We were disappointed to see that some of our favorite veggies were done. We could not get any green beans or corn on the cob. We did get pears, potatoes, cabbage, and our pumpkins.
Because fall is our favorite season we have always talked about how fun it will be to bring our kids to all the farms markets and pumpkin patches. It was hard yesterday seeing all the family's, but Joe just reminded me that next year we will have our child with us, and we will have a life time to have fall fun with them. In past years we had gone to a couple of family themed pumpkin patches, but this year we decided to skip those ones and wait until we have our child.
We also worked on our costumes this weekend. I am making Joe's, mine, and our friend Sam's. It is a group costume. I will post pictures next week after we show them off at our friends Halloween Party.
We had a great time Friday night. We went to see a band that we love, and we got to hang out with some great people. After the show we got home and got in bed to watch a movie. We had to pause it after a few minutes to let the boys out, and just as Joe unpaused it we heard the boys barking. Joe paused it again and said "that sounds different". I said it did and I hoped they didn't find skunks again. A few minutes later Joe went to let the boys in and I heard "Oh no, Oh man, JENN!" Sure enough, they got sprayed. This is Hero's first time and he is 2, but this is Baxter's 2nd time and he is not even 1! He put Hero in the bath and I got online to see what we could use to wash it off. We had used up all our tomato juice the last time Baxter got sprayed. I found something that said baking powder, peroxide, and dish soap would work, but I didn't have have peroxide so we just used what we had. It worked ok on Hero, but he didn't get sprayed very bad. I think the smell was just on him because he was outside when it happened. Baxter on the other hand was bad! I think he must have walked up to the skunk and asked for more. It was so bad that I gaged when Joe brought him in the house, and my eyes were watering so bad that I started to cry. I ended up having to close myself into our bedroom and just waited. I could not help Joe clean him up. After his bath Joe put him right in his cage. We tried to finish our movie, but I could still smell it really strong, so I put Vapor-rub up my nose. Nothing worked, but I did end up falling asleep. I had a really bad headache the next day, and I wondered if it was from the bad skunk smell in our house. The smell is going away now, but I still get whiffs of it here and there. Gross!
This weekend we did our favorite fall activity. We went to the local farmers markets. We were disappointed to see that some of our favorite veggies were done. We could not get any green beans or corn on the cob. We did get pears, potatoes, cabbage, and our pumpkins.
Because fall is our favorite season we have always talked about how fun it will be to bring our kids to all the farms markets and pumpkin patches. It was hard yesterday seeing all the family's, but Joe just reminded me that next year we will have our child with us, and we will have a life time to have fall fun with them. In past years we had gone to a couple of family themed pumpkin patches, but this year we decided to skip those ones and wait until we have our child.
We also worked on our costumes this weekend. I am making Joe's, mine, and our friend Sam's. It is a group costume. I will post pictures next week after we show them off at our friends Halloween Party.
We had a great time Friday night. We went to see a band that we love, and we got to hang out with some great people. After the show we got home and got in bed to watch a movie. We had to pause it after a few minutes to let the boys out, and just as Joe unpaused it we heard the boys barking. Joe paused it again and said "that sounds different". I said it did and I hoped they didn't find skunks again. A few minutes later Joe went to let the boys in and I heard "Oh no, Oh man, JENN!" Sure enough, they got sprayed. This is Hero's first time and he is 2, but this is Baxter's 2nd time and he is not even 1! He put Hero in the bath and I got online to see what we could use to wash it off. We had used up all our tomato juice the last time Baxter got sprayed. I found something that said baking powder, peroxide, and dish soap would work, but I didn't have have peroxide so we just used what we had. It worked ok on Hero, but he didn't get sprayed very bad. I think the smell was just on him because he was outside when it happened. Baxter on the other hand was bad! I think he must have walked up to the skunk and asked for more. It was so bad that I gaged when Joe brought him in the house, and my eyes were watering so bad that I started to cry. I ended up having to close myself into our bedroom and just waited. I could not help Joe clean him up. After his bath Joe put him right in his cage. We tried to finish our movie, but I could still smell it really strong, so I put Vapor-rub up my nose. Nothing worked, but I did end up falling asleep. I had a really bad headache the next day, and I wondered if it was from the bad skunk smell in our house. The smell is going away now, but I still get whiffs of it here and there. Gross!

No comments:
Post a Comment