We have it! 3 months and 2 weeks after our last visit, and we have our completed home study! Or adoptive family assessment, as they call it. I got home from work at 5pm, on Saturday and the first thing I did was get the mail. I saw the large manila envelope and I thought "what is that?". I thought it was junk mail. Nope! It was our life and relationship wrapped up into 15 pages! I quickly sat down to read through it. (It did not hit me until after I had read it, that Joe might have wanted me to wait for him. But it was too late, I had already read it. He did not say anything about me waiting when he got home, so I was happy about that. Besides, we can't both read it at the same time.......or not very well.) The first thing that hit me was all the typos! She said she had given it to her supervisor to read over too, so I would think the two of them would have found some of them. Maybe she will catch them the next time she reads it, or maybe the birth mom's social worker will see them. The second thing was the mistakes that were not grammar based! The first time she talks about my mom, she has the wrong name down. The second time she is mentioned, it's the right name. Then there is my story. She has gotten the ages of events in my life all mixed up. She says my mom left when I was 4, then 7. She says my parents divorced when I was 9, but that my dad remarried when I was 7! That's not right......unless my dad had two wives for a few years, which I am pretty sure he did not! lol There were a few other things, but over all Joe and I have decided to call it good! As far as the names go, all of those are taken out before any potential birth mom would even see it. With all the dates, and ages, I just figure none of that really matters either. The main points are there, so I guess who cares if they are in the right order, or at the right times! Right? Besides, it took long enough to get this paperwork done! The last thing I want to do is send it back all highlighted and ask for it to be rewritten. Not to mention, there is no way I want to insult the lady who holds the future of our family in her hands! So, now I guess we REALLY are WAITING!
Oh, and I turned my scrapbook in! Can you believe it? It's done and turned in! I officially have nothing else to do but to wait, and save!
Congratulations on being done!! I can't wait to hear what happens next! We are so excited for you to have a baby of your own. You deserve it!!! Thank you for your nice words on Facebook:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations....hopefully your wait is not too long.
ReplyDelete