Thursday, October 8, 2009

Love my husband!

Last night I was treated to a very yummy dinner when I got home! It was my favorite dinner and the first dinner Joe had made for me almost seven years ago! It was lemon, mushrooms and chicken in a cream sauce, cheesy potato's, steamed asparagus, and bread sticks! Yum! The first time Joe made me is special "lemon chicken" I remember getting the leftovers out of the fridge about every hour until I had eaten them all! It is so good. You can never go wrong with Joe's cheesy potatoes, and steamed asparagus has become a favorite of ours over time. Joe even did bread sticks just for me (he prefers garlic toast). He also picked up some wine, but neither of us ended up liking it.

We got each other little gifts. I got him his favorite magazine, a coffee table book about love that I wrote a couple of special notes in, and 2 large bars of dark chocolate. He got me a very nice frame that has a quote about marriage in it, and a book. The book is called When two become three, and it is about keeping your marriage strong after adding a baby. I thought that was a very thoughtful gift. It really touched my heart to get that.

After dinner we had a nice night together. In past years we would watch our wedding DVD, but some how we forgot last night. I think we forgot because it got late too fast. I worked all day and by the time we ate the big dinner and watched our shows, it was time for bed. We will watch it soon. I just watched some of it a few nights ago anyways.

So now onto our 4th year of marriage, and what looks like, the last year that it will be just the two of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment