Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Two

Today we have been licensed for two days, and I can not stop staring at my phone!  What did people do before cell phones?  I would have had to wait all day to get home and check for missed calls. That would be even worse!
I knew that we would not get a call for a placement last night, because we are waiting to be approved for the siblings, and then we have to figure out if that it will be best for them.  But, it was still neat to think about last night.  I kept asking Joe "what if we get a call", and he kept reminding me that we wont!  lol
I would think that, since they approved us in less than a week, it should not take more than a day or two to hear about the other part.  It's driving me crazy waiting to hear. 
I am wondering if she will have more information about the kids when she calls, or if she will just let us know what the state said.  Then we will have to wait and see what the agency thinks, as far as moving the kids to our home.  Joe wondered if they will call, and say "ok, come get the kids".  I don't think it will go like that.  They are in a home now, so it's not really something that has to happen fast.  I would like to think, that if they are going to move them to our home, that they would have us make a couple visits with them, and maybe come visit our home a couple times.  I don't think it would be very healthy for them to just up and move. It would also be nice if I had a few days to get some things in order, like daycare, and beds.  As of today, we would not be ready at all! 
It's really hard for me to not call the social worker, and ask more questions. When I got the call from her yesterday I was in such shock that I didn't ask any questions.  I think she doesn't really have any answers for me, until the other part comes back, so I don't think I will bother her. 
I hope the days get easier, because right now this is really hard.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited to see how this step is going to grow your family. It is such a grueling process- I totally get why you would want an instant payoff!

    Praying for your little guy's siblings to be brought to the home that will be best!

    ReplyDelete