Monday, March 28, 2011

A Good Weekend!

Alex was cracking up while I played "peek-a-boo" with the camera. 
This weekend went well.  I had a scrapbook day on Saturday and was able to get a lot done.   My area is a big mess now, but I plan to clean it up some night this week.  Maybe I will even work on a page or two while I am down there.

I was able to "let go" of the kids for most of the weekend.  Although I talked a lot about them with my friend while we scrapbooked, I didn't feel stressed about it.  It was nice to be able to get some of the thoughts out of my head.  I still have no idea what is going to happen with the kids, and every day my heart tells me something different, so it was nice to kind of have a weekend free of stressing about it.

What a cute little boy! So fun to scrapbook for him!
This week I plan to not let the kids, or even the idea of foster care take over me, like it did last week!  Along these lines, I had Joe change the password to my f.b. account (that is friends with Alex's birthmom).  Last week, and even over the weekend I found myself checking on her all the time.  I never come away from it feeling happy, or better.  It always makes me feel worse.  I told Joe, my goal is to not check it for a week. 

At work I am trying to leave me phone in one place and not always feel like it has to be in my hand.  So far that is not going great.  I had to take care of a lot of stuff over the phone this morning, so I had to have my phone close by.  I will work harder on this one tomorrow.

I think tomorrow is going to be even harder for me.  It was a week ago Tuesday morning that we got the call from the social worker saying that our license came back. Already today, I am anticipating that she will be calling again tomorrow! 

At my sister's baby shower.
Tonight I am going over to my sister's house for dinner again.  It always fun doing that.  It's never for long enough since it's a week night, but any amount of sister time is great.  Tonight I get to help her go through the gifts from her baby shower.  She likes to hear from me what I think she will really need, and what she won't.  That is all very fun for me!

Tomorrow night my car is going into the shop. A few weeks ago, my boss hit me in their driveway.  It was really not a big deal, but she felt so bad about it.  I have not been too worried about it because it still drives just fine, but I think she will feel a lot better after it is fixed.  She says I need to hurry and get it done, because it's going to be too hard to take care of things like this when I have 3 kids!  I laugh because we don't know forsure that we are going to have the other two.  It's also very funny to me because she has 3 kids, and had no problem getting her car fixed! lol

Alex is getting so good at using his fork!
This weekend we have a game night planned with our good friends, and also another couple that we will be meeting for the first time.  Our friends say that this couple is a lot like us, and that we will all get along great.  I hope this is true.  We need more friends.  I really don't like meeting new people, but I guess that is the only way to gain new friends, right?  It feels kind of like a blind date!  I love game nights, so I am sure it will turn out fine either way.

The weather looks nice this week so I plan to stay busy with walks a night, and a little yard work.  My flower beds are full of leaves, and my spring grass looks really gross!  I hope it dries up and stays nice so I can get it looking a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment