Saturday, March 26, 2011

A weekend

It's the weekend, and I could not be happier!  I have spent so much time thinking about the kids this week.  My brain really needs a break or it might explode! 
I woke up just before my alarm went off this morning (man, I hate that) and those two little cuties jumped right into my thoughts before I cold even turn over and drift back to sleep!  I started thinking about the silliest stuff!  I wondered if I should get a clothing stamp so I could stamp their names into all of their clothes.  At work the 3 girls are so close in age, that I can never tell their socks or underwear apart.  The silly part is that the boys are not even close in sizes, and there is a girl in between, yet I still thought about it.  I also tried to think of ways to keep their stuff organized.  When you have a foster child in your home you have to keep everything that they come with.  Even if you have them for 2 years and they have outgrown all of their clothes.  You still have to keep them.  This is another little something that I was thinking about.  This should not be a problem for me. 
Alex is 15 months old, and I still have everything that was ever on that cute little body of his!  Now I have a basement full of tubs of clothes.  I have tried to sort through it a few times.  I know there are somethings that I can not part with, but there is a big chunk that can go.  One night I even spent a few hours taking pictures, and posting the items on C.L.  I waited and waited and never got any emails on the stuff.  I thought that was crazy.  I had $100 worth of pj's for $10.  Who would not want to take me up on that?  Any ideas for the best way to sell (or even trade) kids clothes.  I really need to make something back on them so I can buy more.

Anyway, back to it being the weekend!  I am glad it's the weekend because I can turn off any ideas of the kids coming home.  I know that our office is closed on the weekend, and so there is no way anyone would be calling with any news.  I can't wait to set my phone on the charger, and to leave it there.  I am sick of it being in my hand, on the couch next to me, in my pocket, or on the counter while I cook.  I am sick of leaving it in the living room while I get something for someone, and then getting upset when I check it and find no missed calls!  I'm sick of using it to watch my email only to find no updates!  I am excited to be turned off for the weekend!
I am having a scrapbook day with a good friend tomorrow, and it is much needed!  I am somewhere around March on Alex's scrapbook, and I don't mean March 2011!  I hope to get a lot done, because my goal is to make scrapbooks for any kids that may come into our home as well.  With Alex's first year I took pictures of him every day, so it is taking me a long time to get through his book.  For his second year it will not be as bad!
I look forward to an easy weekend, and I can't wait to see what next week might bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment