![]() |
| How could you NOT miss this face? |
(This post was written on Feb25th)
Last week we had a little taste of spring! We had about 5 days of nice weather. It was warm enough to melt almost all of the snow. I even got the kids out for a walk one day, which felt so nice! I knew it wasn't going to last, but now I want spring to come more then ever! This past weekend we got another snow storm, and it made it look like we never had that taste of spring last week! The grass is all covered again, and so is our driveway. I wish I would have taken pictures. It's crazy that it took a week to melt it, and only 1 night to put it all back!We took Alex out to play while we shoveled, and he loved it! I think he is going to be so happy when spring comes too! He has so much energy, and his favorite thing to do is to run. I can picture him darting all over our yard! I think he is going to love the freedom of exploring our fenced in backyard!
Speaking of running.....we took him to get his first pair of big boy sneakers! We put them on him in Tar.get so we could see how he would do in them. He seemed pretty surprised to be out of the cart at first, but then he took full advantage of it. He was running up and down every isle. It was funny watching him. Every time he passed by another person they would just smile or giggle. He is so short, so he looks really funny running around. Needless to say he loves his new shoes. The next day at work he kept stomping around in them.
I have had to spend more time away from Alex this week, then in his whole life! It's both really hard, and yet a little easier than I expected. The first day was Saturday. We had class from 9-5, and Joe's mom was in town so she watched Alex at our house. In the middle of class Joe asked me how I was doing, and I told him it kind of felt nice. It was the first time, in a long time that I could do something without feeling that pressure to always have 1 eye on Alex. Not only that, but I was so focused on the class, that the problem I have of always stressing about things, was gone. (It's hard to explain this feeling I have. So I will save all of that for another post)
![]() |
| Alex unplugged the lamp and "re-plugged" it into Jenna's boot! |
![]() |
| Is it spring yet? I'm ready to get outside! |
Tomorrow we have class from 9-5 again, so he is going to a friends house. I will be glad when tomorrow is over! Thursday nights class was not very good, and I am getting burned out on working, and taking all these classes. I am feeling the winter blues today, and just want it to be spring. I want to be done with these classes, and spending so much time away from Alex. I want to have our licenses, and be done feeling like I always have something to do. I am ready to have a week of no plans, no where I have to be (other then work), and nothing I have to get done. I just want 1 week of normal again!
I said that I love February, but this year I can not wait for February to be OVER!



No comments:
Post a Comment