When we first found out that we would be bringing a baby home in 7 weeks, we freaked out! Our spare room is full of stuff, and we have nothing! Well, that is a little dramatic! lol We do have our stroller and car seat set, and we have the crib bedding. But that is about it. The room really was full of stuff! I started to work on cleaning it out last week, but was so busy with other stuff that I did not get very far. I worked on it for a couple of hours Saturday, but it didn't really look that different! In fact it looked worse because I had pulled a bunch of stuff out to organize and sort, so there was stuff everywhere! I knew I needed to get it done though, because we would be picking up the dresser and crib on Sunday and we would have no where to put it.
On Sunday I got up early (I'm still not sleeping well) and I got to cleaning. I worked for five hours straight, taking a phone call here and there, but still working while I was on the phone. My phone does not stop ringing these days, and at one point I even groaned when I heard my phone ringing for the 10th time that morning. It was Joe calling from work to see what I was doing. lol He knew what I was doing. (I love talking to everyone, so please don't stop calling! lol I was trying to get a lot done that day) By the time Joe got home, I had everything but the desk and futon moved out. I tired for 20 minutes to get the futon out on my own, but I could not get it through the door without help! I even had the glider in there and had part of Alexander's closet set up with all the new clothes he has already!
When Joe got home we went down the road and got the crib and dresser. They both fit in the back of the truck and when we got home we moved the desk and futon out of the room. We brought the dresser in and then had a snag when it was time for the crib. Turns out it does not fit through the front door when it is together! Although it was only 7pm it was pitch black out, so we took one side off, outside in the dark. Then we got it in and put it back together. Once everything was in place we agreed that it did not look right and that the dresser and the glider needed to swap corners. Now it looks really cute! The DVD tower is still in there and we are planning to move it into our room, or the basement and we are moving a book case into his room.
This weekend everything will need to be moved out again! lol I am having a few friends over and we are going to paint the room on Saturday, and then I am going to steam clean the carpet on Sunday. After that we will be about done with Alex's room so I am going to work on pulling the rest of the house together. At this point our basement is a mess, and I feel like I need to clean and reorganize the kitchen, bathroom, and our bedroom. I should have plenty of cleaning to do to keep me busy. Not to mention the fact that out of the next 6 weekends before Alex is due to come (if he does not come early) only two of those weekends don't have plans attach to them already! Lots to do, and not a lot of time.......but I am loving it.
A little adoption humor, not all of you might get, but here is what is in my head, and I think it is funny. Adoption is the best diet! When you only have 7 weeks to plan for a baby the last thing you think about is stopping to eat. For the last week now the only time I think to eat is when I feel like I am going to pass out if I don't stop and eat something. Even when I am eating I am so excited that it's hard for me to feel hungry, but instead I have felt nauseous for the last week now. I love fast food, it's no secret. My bosses took me out to lunch last week and I could hardly eat my whole sandwich, and I only ate about ten fries! I use to crave more after eating a whole value meal! And that's not the only thing! TMI but my tummy has been flipping since we got the call and will that comes diarrhea! lol I told you TMI! But it goes even further! On Friday morning I woke up so excited to tell my boss about our meeting, the night before, that I jumped up before my alarm went off. I started to get ready and when I started to brush my teeth I got really nauseous. Half way through brushing I started to gag, and the next thing I knew I was puking in my bathroom sink! Who gets so excited that they puke? I guess I do! Before our call on Monday I was trying to loose weight by going to w.w, but it was not going well. I had been getting on the w.w scale that my boss has at work every Monday morning, and not feeling good about things! Well I got on it this morning and I am down 6 pounds from last Monday! Talk about an added bonus to what is going on! I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling good about that, and hope this excitement diet can carry out for a little longer! :)
You are definitely going to have to post pics of Alexander's room! Glad you found the crib and dresser...I love craigslist!
ReplyDelete