Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thump thump, thump thump!

We just got home from hearing Alex's heart beat. It went well, and was neat to hear. We did not know what to listen for, being we have never done anything like that. The doctor found a heart beat, but said it was a mixed heartbeat from both the b-mom and Alex. Then she found a really strong one that was very clear, and that was Alex's. I wish I could say I cried, but I didn't. I think I had too much going on in my head to really enjoy it! The doctor had just said that she is about 35 weeks, but measures at 31. This really freaked me out and I could not stop thinking about it. Later when Joe and I were out of the room we asked why she might be showing at only 31 weeks and the doctor said it could be nothing. I guess we will find out more when we go to the ultra sound on Monday. I can not wait and I am so glad to get to find out more.
I had hoped to find out a lot today, but I didn't. After the heartbeat Joe and I were sent out of the room. They had to check her from head to toe, and our b-mom said I could stay, but the doctor sent Joe and I out with the b-moms two kids. First we had to set up the ultra sound appointment, then we sat in the waiting room and read books with the kids. After a few minutes Joe left and ran up to the store. The doctor told us that the b-mom really should be taking iron pills, so Joe ran out and got some while I waited with the kids. The kids are very cute. I gave them each a pen and a little piece of paper from out of my purse to scribble on. They seemed to like that. When the b-mom got done we walked outside and I put her son in the car while she put her daughter in, then she got her dog out to go potty. We talked for a few minutes, then she gave me a hug and we left.
We will see her again Monday morning for the ultra sound! Wooo hooo.

2 comments:

  1. Jenn,
    Hang tight. Measurements do NOT mean anything! Trust me, the baby is just fine! Stay positive and happy about the ultrasound and enjoy it because this is the first time you will see your baby and it will be the only time you see him until he's born. :)
    Call me if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound must be beautiful!! Congratulation and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete