I got a call from b-mom yesterday. I think it's normal, but when I see her name come up on my phone my heart always skips a beat!
At the ultrasound on Tuesday we were talking about pictures, and scrapbooks. We both love to take pictures and we are both big scrapbookers. She is even making a scrapbook for Alex. That is like a dream come true to me! At the appointment I was telling her what web site I use to print cheap pictures, and she said she would check it out. So, that is what she called about yesterday. She could not remember the name of the site. We talked for only a few minutes. I told her the name of the site, how it works, and how to do a search for coupon codes online. I asked her how she is feeling and she said great. She always says she is feeling great!
It's such a strange feeling when I talk to her, and when I am around her. It truly feels like she is a surrogate, and not a birth mom. She puts off this vibe like she is not attached to this baby what so ever. Over and over I get the feeling that as soon as she found out that she was pregnant at 20 weeks, she knew he was not hers to keep. So when she called yesterday it was like she was just calling a friend to check about something. I wish I could put it into words better, but it's a hard feeling to explain! I know things will change when he is here. I think it will be very hard for me to see her emotional in the hospital, because she has been so calm about everything so far.
I will not be seeing her for another week and a half, or two weeks. She has another check up next week, but I am going to skip this one because I have been taking a lot of time off work, and I don't want to upset my bosses. Not to mention, if Alex comes on his due date, I only have about 13 more days of work, then I will be off for a few weeks! I will try to make the following appointment, which might be one of her last!
I am also trying to set up one more meeting in the office, but I can not seem to get a call or email back from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment